Greens’ leader Natalie Bennett to talk at youth forum in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
Young people in Bury St Edmunds will have the chance to put the leader of a national political party on the spot next year.
Green Party leader in England and Wales, Natalie Bennett, will be taking questions at the town’s Youth Forum.
She agreed to talk to the forum after being invited by the town’s Youth Parliament member (MYP) Toby Jefferey.
Mr Jeffery, who founded the forum for 11-18 year olds, in September, said: “This meeting is extremely significant.
“The fact that a main party leader wishes to address our forum shows the importance of youth voice in our town.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be an extremely valuable evening for our members, and I look forward to hearing what Natalie Bennett has to say to them.”
Ms Bennett will be guest speaker on March 4 next year, and follows a list of high-profile speakers including Norman Tebbit, former Tory cabinet minister, and a specially-recorded message from finance expert Martin Lewis.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 9 Rapist subjected two children to 'unimaginable ordeal' over five years
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
Ms Bennett, who has been party leader since September 2012, will speak at the Southgate Community Centre on Caie Walk. Those interested in attending are invited to register when the online link is open in early 2015. More information will be available at bseyf.weebly.com.