Crash involving lorry and car blocks Colchester roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A crash involving a lorry and a car has blocked a busy Colchester roundabout and is causing traffic congestion in the town.
The accident happened around 12.50pm on the A137 Harwich Road at A133 St Andrew's Avenue and all approaches to the dual roundabout junction are being affected.
It is not yet known if there are any injuries and emergency services currently remain at the scene.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said: "We were called at 12.50pm with reports of a collision on Harwich Road, Colchester.
"We sent an ambulance and a rapid response vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
"Emergency crews are still at the scene."
A spokesman for Essex fire said: "Firefighters assisted at the scene of a road traffic collision this afternoon.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 5 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
"On arrival, crews advised that two vehicles had been involved in the collision - one car and one heavy goods vehicle.
"Firefighters managed to release the casualty by 2.11pm before leaving them in the care of the Ambulance Service."