Tractor and trailer catch fire at Suffolk farm
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A fire in a tractor and trailer nearly spread to nearby barn - but was stopped by quick-thinking firefighters.
Firefighters from Bury St Edmunds, Elmswell and Ixworth had to work fast to extinguish the fire at Bailey Pool Farm, near Grimstone End, near Bury St Edmunds when they were called at 2.30pm.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “The tractor and trailer were well alight.
“The fire had spread to a woodpile which was next to a barn, but luckily firefighters tackled the blaze before it could spread further.”
The fires were put out by 3.15pm, although the cause of the fire is not yet known.
Suffolk police were also called but did not attend. The Environment Agency was also called.
- 1 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 7 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
- 10 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen