Tractor and trailer catch fire at Suffolk farm
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A fire in a tractor and trailer nearly spread to nearby barn - but was stopped by quick-thinking firefighters.
Firefighters from Bury St Edmunds, Elmswell and Ixworth had to work fast to extinguish the fire at Bailey Pool Farm, near Grimstone End, near Bury St Edmunds when they were called at 2.30pm.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “The tractor and trailer were well alight.
“The fire had spread to a woodpile which was next to a barn, but luckily firefighters tackled the blaze before it could spread further.”
The fires were put out by 3.15pm, although the cause of the fire is not yet known.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk police were also called but did not attend. The Environment Agency was also called.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 7 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 8 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 10 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town