Group of 20 suspected illegal immigrants detained after being spotted walking through Essex village
- Credit: Archant
A group of suspected illegal immigrants were spotted walking through an Essex village on Saturday (October 10).
Members of the public rang Essex police just after midday after spotting 20 males walking in Finchingfield, towards Wethersfield.
Officers arrested the group on suspected immigration offences. A spokesman for Essex police said they were later transferred to the UK Border Force.
It is thought a lorry dropped the men off shortly before the men were spotted.
Of the 20 arrested, 10 were from Iraq, five from Iran, three from Syria, one from Kuwait and one from Vietnam.
You may also want to watch:
One of the men claimed to be aged under 18 and was referred to social services.
A spokesman for the UK Border Force said the remaining individuals were being processed “in line with Home Office immigration procedures”.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 6 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 9 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results