Gruffalo visit to Kesgrave Library attracts crowd of 350
- Credit: Archant
The visit marked the launch of the library’s summer reading challenge.
Around 350 people visited the library, in Kays Close, in the hopes of catching a glimpse of the furry creature.
While they waited the groups enjoyed Gruffalo-themed crafts and storytelling with puppets.
Library manager Maggie Lusher said: “The children were really excited at the fact that they had met the Gruffalo.
“A lot of them had brought Gruffalo teddies along and wore Gruffalo t-shirts.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a really lovely atmosphere, really bubbly. It really felt like we were at the centre of the community.
“We just thought it would be fun to do something different.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich