Gt Cornard: Police appeal after children followed
POLICE are appealing for information after four children were followed down the street by a man.
An 11-year-old girl was walking along The Drift in Great Cornard between 3.30pm and 4pm on Wednesday, January 19 when a man followed her into a private road.
She ran off and the man followed, walking quickly behind her.
The girl then met another 11-year-old girl in Hartest Way, who said that the same man had followed her in Rede Way.
The man then followed both girls for a short time.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as being of slim build and was wearing a green and black striped hooded top with the hood up, black trousers and light coloured trainers. Two 11-year-old boys then reported being followed by a man as they were walking along The Drift at around the same time.
The man is described as 5 foot 11 inches tall, of average build and was wearing a black hooded top and black trousers.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 4 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 5 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 Busy high street taped off by police
- 8 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
In neither incident did the man approach or speak to the children.
Extra patrols are being carried out in the area by the Safer Neighbourhood Team.
Anyone with information about the incident can call PC Verity Pearson at the Sudbury and Great Cornard Safer Neighbourhood Team on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.