Chilton Club in Sudbury reopens after revamp
- Credit: Archant
Age UK Suffolk’s Chilton Club in Sudbury marked its reopening with a special ceremony following a revamp of its premises.
Kndly supported by Kent Blaxill, who donated all the paint for the refurb, the centre was able to redecorate and freshen up the space to make a more friendly and welcoming environment for members.
The centre, which offers a safe, stimulating and fun environment for those with memory problems, was reopened by Sudbury mayor Sue Ayres.
Guests on the day enjoyed tea, cake and games with the members, and the opportunity to speak with staff about the importance of the day service for the community.
Jilly Vince, day centre manager, works closely with the community and health professionals to encourage guests to see how a daily visit can benefit people, and the redecoration gave the perfect opportunity to open the club’s doors.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about The Chilton Club, or to book a free taster visit, call Jilly on 01787 376990.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week