Guide to wildlife reserves launched
A NEW guide detailing the management of five of Suffolk's wildlife reserves is being launched today by bird experts.Spread Your Wings has been published by the Woodbridge RSPB group and traces the history of reserves at Dingle Marshes, Minsmere, North Warren and Aldringham Walks, Havergate Island and Boyton Marshes.
A NEW guide detailing the management of five of Suffolk's wildlife reserves is being launched today by bird experts.
Spread Your Wings has been published by the Woodbridge RSPB group and traces the history of reserves at Dingle Marshes, Minsmere, North Warren and Aldringham Walks, Havergate Island and Boyton Marshes.
The 96-page book includes maps and colour photographs and explains how each area is special for wildlife.
It provides useful information on the mammals, inspects and plants discovered at the sites and also includes first-hand recollections of the reserves by people who have explored them over the decades.
You may also want to watch:
The book will cost £5 but 1,000 copies will be given away free at Minsmere during the weekend of June 26 and 27.
Colin Coates, Woodbridge RSPB local group spokesman, said: "We hope that by this action we will spread the word about the unique heritage of the Suffolk coast among visitors and residents alike, in the belief that the more people know about this treasure the more they will want to care for it and protect it."
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
The book will be on sale at the bookshop at the Minsmere reserve and at the meetings of the Woodbridge RSPB Local Group and the group's popular Havergate Adventure between August 21 and 24.
The adventure escorts members of the public from Orford Quay to Havergate Island for guided walks around the RSPB nature reserve.