Guided tours of Ickworth Church to take place in April and May
- Credit: Archant
There’s the chance to take part in a tour of the Hervey family church next month and also in May.
Guided visits round the Ickworth Church, on the Ickworth estate, in Horringer, near Bury St Edmunds, are taking place on Wednesday, April 4, at 4pm, and again on Saturday, May 5, at 10am.
Since the middle of the 15th Century the history of the church of St Mary’s Ickworth and the history of the Hervey family, the Earls and Marquises of Bristol, have been inseparable.
The lovingly restored, beautiful little church became their last resting place and the record of their 500-year-old story is in its very stones.
It’s an opportunity to be part of the full tour of the church, which includes the family vaults and the clock tower, which are rarely on view to the general public.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £5 per person and includes a free guide book.
The tours are restricted to 12 people and to get your name on the list email email@example.com giving your preferred date.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe