Gummer questions Prescott
JOHN Gummer's 12 Parliamentary questions to Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott on a regional structure for the fire service:What estimate he has made of the job losses in (a) Suffolk and (b) East Anglia which will result from the regionalisation of the fire service.
By Graham Dines
JOHN Gummer's 12 Parliamentary questions to Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott on a regional structure for the fire service:
What estimate he has made of the job losses in (a) Suffolk and (b) East Anglia which will result from the regionalisation of the fire service.
What reduction in the number of managerial jobs he expects he expect.
You may also want to watch:
Under what powers he will implement the plans without the consent of Suffolk County Council.
What (a) operational benefits and (b) other advantages to the people of East Suffolk he expects to accrue from his plans.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
What financial benefits to (a) the Treasury, (b) Suffolk County Council, (c) taxpayers and (d) Council Taxpayers in Suffolk to expects to accrue.
What discussions he has had with (a) retained and (b) full-time firefighters in Suffolk.
What communities discussions he has held in Suffolk.
What evidence he has to support his proposal that the fire station in Orford (in Suffolk Coastal) would provide a swifter and more efficient service if controlled by the same centralised system as Rickmansworth (in Hertfordshire).
What research relating to East Anglia he has commissioned to provide factual backing for his plans.
What discussions he has had with the Suffolk Police Authority on his plans.
What discussions he has had with Suffolk County Council.
Who he has consulted.