Gun-point robbery at Green Chilli takeaway in Chelmsford
Two men wielding what is believed to have been a firearm stormed a restaurant in Essex last night and made off with a two-figure sum of cash.
The armed robbery happened at the Green Chilli takeaway in Robin Way, Chelmsford, at around 9.15pm yesterday.
Two men entered the restaurant and demanded cash from frightened staff.
Officers from Essex Police attended the scene but were unable to locate the suspects.
The first suspect has been described as white, around 5ft 8ins tall, skinny and clean shaven.
You may also want to watch:
The second suspect has been described as white, of a medium build and under 5ft 8ins.
They were both aged in their 20s, wore hoodies with the hoods covering their faces and gloves.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
Anyone with information is asked to contact Chelmsford CID on 101 quoting incident 1021 of 20/11 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111