Gun-wielding robber ties up young woman
A TERRIFIED young woman working at an Essex hotel was held up at gunpoint and forced to empty a safe before the robber tied her up.The 22-year-old was on duty at the Travel Lodge in London Road, Feering, when she let the man in at 4am yesterday.
By Annie Davidson
A TERRIFIED young woman working at an Essex hotel was held up at gunpoint and forced to empty a safe before the robber tied her up.
The 22-year-old was on duty at the Travel Lodge in London Road, Feering, when she let the man in at 4am yesterday.
He threatened her with a black handgun and forced her to open the safe.
You may also want to watch:
She handed over between £100 and £150 and was then forced into a store room where she was trussed up before the robber made his getaway.
Police said she was physically unhurt but was “highly traumatised” by her ordeal.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 4 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 5 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 6 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 7 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
Sarah Lynch, manager of the Travel Lodge, said: “We are doing everything possible to prevent anything like this happening again.”
A spokeswoman for Travel Lodge confirmed that an incident had taken place and said: “We are working with the police on the investigation.
“The staff are fine, no-one was hurt.”
The robbery was one of three in Essex and Kent which police believe could be linked.
The first happened at a Holiday Inn on the A2 in Canterbury, Kent, at 11.45pm on Monday.
A man threatened a male member of staff with a handgun before forcing him to hand over £150 from the safe.
Then at 4.40am yesterday, a gunman went into the BP Safeway store at Cranfield Park Road, Wickford.
He threatened a female member of staff with a handgun and grabbed the contents of the till.
Police believe he may have driven away in a grey M registration Volvo salon.
The vehicle was found abandoned in Southend Road, Wickford, soon after the robbery.
It had accident damage and it is believed it may have been in a collision as the robber fled the scene.
He is described as black, between 5ft 9ins and 5ft 10ins tall, with a slim build, wearing a black hooded top with a white rim, dark trousers and carrying a zipped black bag.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Braintree police on 01376 551312 or Basildon police on 01268 532212.