Hadleigh: �1k reward offered to help catch arsonists
CRIMESTOPPERS is offering a �1,000 reward for information about an arson attack on three fuel tankers in Hadleigh.
The huge blaze, which happened on November 16, caused half a million pounds worth of damage and took 50 firefighters to bring under control.
Crews were called to UKay Fuel Limited storage depot on the Lady Lane Industrial Estate at 6.45pm where eye witnesses reported seeing 100ft flames shooting into the sky.
A Crimestoppers reward was originally offered in April following a spate of arsons in the Hadleigh area, including a parked van fire in Raven Way earlier on the same day.
Anyone with information on any of these incidents will be eligible to claim a Crimestoppers reward of up to �1,000.
You may also want to watch:
Ann Scott, Eastern Regional Manager for Crimestoppers said: “This brazen attack on the 3 fuel tankers could have resulted in injury or even death for nearby residents. Hadleigh is an extremely safe place to live so these incidents have shocked the local community.
“Please come forward to the independent charity Crimestoppers so this thoughtless crime can be solved – you could help stop further arson attacks. We do not ask for your name and no call is traced or recorded. You won’t have to give a statement, speak to the police or go to court – we only want to know what you know, not who you are. In the 24 years that Crimestoppers has been running we have never broken our anonymity promise.”
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
Only information given to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 that leads to an arrest and charge is eligible for the reward. Information can be given online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org but information will not be eligible for a reward this way.
Officers from Suffolk Police and Suffolk Fire & Rescue Service will also be available to talk to the public in Hadleigh’s Market Place on December 6.