Hadleigh: Appeal for information as police investigate serious crash which leaves motorcyclist in hospital
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Police are renewing their appeal for witnesses to a road crash in Suffolk which left a motorcyclist in a serious condition in hospital.
The collision happened in Hadleigh when a black motorcycle and a white Toyota Auris struck each other on the B1070 Benton Street near its junction with Hook Lane shortly after 11am yesterday.
The rider was airlifted to Cambridgeshire’s Addenbrooke’s Hospital after sustaining serious arm and leg injuries. The man, who is aged in his 50s and from south-east Suffolk, is currently in a stable condition following surgery on his life-changing injuries.
The car driver, who lives in the Colchester area in Essex was uninjured but is recovering from shock.
A section of the road was closed for six hours while forensic collision investigators carried out their enquiries to establish a cause of the crash and debris was cleared from the area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in connection with this road crash is urged to contact Suffolk Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101, quoting CAD 0165 of 24/08/2014.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 10 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains