Hadleigh: Crews busy overnight including at fire in The George pub
- Credit: Archant
Crews were sent to a Suffolk pub overnight as a pizza oven was on fire.
A call was received about a fire at The George pub in the High Street, Hadleigh at 04.55am today (July 20).
Two fire engines from Hadleigh and Princes Street, Ipswich, were dispatched.
Firefighters arrived at just after 5am and used a hose-reel jet to extinguish the fire.
The incident was under control by 5.20am.
You may also want to watch:
Crews elsewhere in the county have been kept busy.
A shed fire was reported just before 12.50am in Combs Wood Drive, Stowmarket.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
The fire, which spread to some nearby fencing, was under control by 1.10am.
Fire chiefs have reported the incident to police as suspicious.
A car was on fire in Wilford Bridge Road, Melton, at about 5.40am.
Crews arrived and used a hose-reel jet and breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire.
A tree was reported to be on fire in Lower Road, Westerfield, yesterday (July 19) at 7pm.
An appliance from Princes Street was sent and found a barbecue had caused the tree to become on fire.
The fire was out by about 7.20pm.