Hadleigh: Crews busy overnight including at fire in The George pub
- Credit: Archant
Crews were sent to a Suffolk pub overnight as a pizza oven was on fire.
A call was received about a fire at The George pub in the High Street, Hadleigh at 04.55am today (July 20).
Two fire engines from Hadleigh and Princes Street, Ipswich, were dispatched.
Firefighters arrived at just after 5am and used a hose-reel jet to extinguish the fire.
The incident was under control by 5.20am.
Crews elsewhere in the county have been kept busy.
A shed fire was reported just before 12.50am in Combs Wood Drive, Stowmarket.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 3 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 4 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 5 Evicted Suffolk family to move into £6,000 double-decker bus bought on eBay
- 6 Former Town striker Chopra out of retirement to join non-league club
- 7 Suspected wanted man chased through Suffolk village
- 8 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
- 9 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
The fire, which spread to some nearby fencing, was under control by 1.10am.
Fire chiefs have reported the incident to police as suspicious.
A car was on fire in Wilford Bridge Road, Melton, at about 5.40am.
Crews arrived and used a hose-reel jet and breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire.
A tree was reported to be on fire in Lower Road, Westerfield, yesterday (July 19) at 7pm.
An appliance from Princes Street was sent and found a barbecue had caused the tree to become on fire.
The fire was out by about 7.20pm.