Hadleigh: Crews tackle bungalow blaze
TWO Suffolk fire crews tackled a blaze at a bungalow in Hadleigh overnight.
Fire fighters were called at 00.38am after receiving reports of hedges and trees on fire on Edwin Panks Road.
One appliance from Hadleigh arrived to discover that several trees were well alight and the fire had spread into the eaves of a bungalow on Highlands Road.
Control mobilised a crew from Princes Street, Ipswich to assist. A covering jet and two hose reel jets were used to fight the blaze.
Two fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the loft void with a thermal imaging camera and a hose reel to look for hotspots, and extinguish the fire inside the building.
You may also want to watch:
The incident was over by just after 5am but police remained at the scene to ensure the security of the property.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight