Hadleigh: Man cut free from van after crashing into sign in Pond Hall Road
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A man has been cut free from his van after crashing into a road sign in Hadleigh.
The accident happened in pond Hall Road at about 9.20pm on Thursday evening and the man initially told emergency crews that he could not feel his legs and had neck pain.
Crews from Hadleigh and Ipswich’s Princes Street fire stations were sent to the scene along with ambulance paramedics and police units.
The road was closed while the patient was cut free and the accident scene cleared.
Firefighters used hydraulic cutting tools to remove the blue Vauxhall Corsa van’s roof before leaving him in the care of paramedics.
A spokesman from Suffolk Police said it was not believed that the man had suffered any life-changing or life-threatening injuries.
The road was reopened at 10.50pm.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 6 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 7 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 8 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 9 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 10 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days