Hadleigh: New five mile course to tempt budding runners at popular annual race
Runners expecting to take on a familiar 10 mile race now have the option of taking on a challenging new course.
The Hadleigh 10 has been a fixture in the calendar for runners for years but now the organisers behind the race want to tempt people with a new five-mile course.
The new race will take place at the same time as the usual 10 mile event.
Hadleigh Hares Athletics Club organises the race as well as an annual cross country event.
A spokesman for the club said: “We have decided to introduce the five-mile race for runners who might want to try a shorter distance and who are not quite ready for the longer race. We hope people just getting into the sport will want to come along and have a go and see if they can be the first winner of the new event.”
The courses, which start and finish close to Hadleigh United Football Club’s ground, will take runners through the Brett Vale countryside. Last year more than 260 runners took part.
The event, which is sponsored by Peake Fitness, Ipswich Building Society and the East of England Co-operative Society, will take place on Sunday, November 24.
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 Norwood holds talks with one of Town's fellow League One rivals
- 3 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
- 4 See inside stunning £1.85M home with 'fabulous' outside pool and paddocks
- 5 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 6 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 7 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 8 Gameday: 'Great to be back!' Blue Army at Needham give their thoughts
- 9 Missing 17-year-old boy found safe
- 10 Hunt continues for group of youths who pushed man to ground and stole bike
Both races will start at 11am, with a 2km children’s fun run beginning at 11.05am.
The Hadleigh 5 race is £8 for affiliated, £10 non-affiliated. The Hadleigh 10 race is £11 affiliated, £13 non-affiliated.
All entries on the day will be £2 extra. The fun run is £4.50 for children.
To enter go to www.hadleighhares.co.uk