Alcohol seized from child after police chase
- Credit: Archant
A child who ran from police was caught by officers who then seized alcohol from the youngster.
Hadleigh Police were carrying out plain clothed foot patrols in the Hadleigh and Claydon, near Ipswich, during the evening of Saturday, January 19.
When they got to Hadleigh Leisure Centre, they gave chase to a child who ran away from them.
Catching the youngster in George Street, they then seized alcohol from the child.
Officers from Hadleigh Police later Tweeted: “Hadleigh Police have conducted plain clothed foot patrols in Hadleigh and Claydon in the evening this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
“Alcohol seized from a child who ran from police at the Hadleigh Leisure Centre (caught on George Street). No other issues to report.”
Anyone with information about incidents in Hadleigh or Claydon should contact Suffolk Constabulary on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
If a crime is in progress, people should always dial 999.