Almost 500 homes left without power
- Credit: PA
Nearly 500 homes were left without electricity this afternoon, following a power cut.
According to UK Power Networks three postcode areas around Hadleigh, Elmsett and Bildeston were affected by the power cut which has left 476 homes without electricity.
It is believed the cause of the power cut was a fault in the high voltage overhead electricity line.
Engineers were sent to the affected areas.
UK Power Networks said on its website: “Our engineers have investigated and found power is off due to overhead cabling which has been grounded.
You may also want to watch:
“In order to get this repaired safely, we’ll need to trim back trees from our equipment and re-erect them. We have teams of tree-trimmers on their way to assist, but due to this development it’s now possible we won’t be able to restore your power within the timeframe we’ve advised.”
Power was finally restored to all homes by 9.30pm.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 8 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 9 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave