Attacker tried to ‘slam car door on victim’s leg’ in racially aggravated assault
- Credit: Archant
Police want to speak to a man in connection with a racially aggravated assault.
Police say the victim, a man in his 50s, was waiting for his food order at Hadleigh Fast Food, High Street, between 7.10pm and 7.15pm on Saturday, April 18.
Another man, also believed to be in his 50s, ignored signs asking one customer to enter the shop at a time and entered the shop.
The victim reportedly advised the man of social distancing regulations when the man became abusive and tried to block the victim as he tried to leave, which resulted in the victim having to push past him.
The attacker then shouted a racial insult at the victim as he followed him across the road to his partner, waiting for him in their car.
You may also want to watch:
The victim opened his partner’s door to pass her the food and he warned the male to stay back. The attacker then slammed her door and warned her to stay in the vehicle.
As the victim walked around to the passenger side and tried to get into the vehicle, the attacker tried to slam the door onto the victim’s leg.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners
The victim was unharmed as a result of the incident.
The attacker is described as white, 5ft 8ins, approximately aged in his 50s with a grey beard, wearing a leather jacket and black jeans.
Officers have issued a CCTV image of the man and wish to speak to him regarding the investigation.
Suffolk Constabulary are asking anyone who believes they recognise the man pictured in the CCTV image or who has any information about this incident to contact police on 101, quoting crime reference 37/21968/20.