Nostalgia: Do you remember Hadleigh Show 1986?
- Credit: David Kindred
Celebrating country living in Suffolk, the Hadleigh Show has been part of the county’s life for nearly two centuries.
The 2020 show - taking place on Saturday, May 16 - will be the 181st to be staged and preparations are already well in hand.
Back in 1986 the show attracted huge crowds for a traditional line-up of events showing the countryside at its best - including judging of farm animals, displays of equipment, along with demonstrations of country crafts and skills, and modern agriculture.
The main ring at the showground off Holbecks Lane saw a wide variety of entertainment, including a motorbike stunt team, and there were family highlights such as the funfair with rides and sidestalls.
Did you attend the Hadleigh Show back in 1986 - or do you recognise anyone in our picture gallery?
You may also want to watch:
To share your memories of the day, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 3 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 4 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 5 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 6 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 7 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 8 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 A12 fully reopened after serious crash