Halesworth: Commercial building fire incident
FIRE crews had to smash through a door this morning to deal with a fire in a commercial building.
Just before 11.15am reports were received of smoke from a building in London Road, Halesworth.
One appliance from Halesworth and one from Bungay were sent out.
Crews arrived on scene to find smoke issuing from the windows and entered the property using a door enforcer.
Four firefighters wore breathing apparatus to enter the building and locate the fire.
At about 11.40am the fire was found in the kitchen area. Crews ventilated the smoke logged building and extinguished the fire.
The fire was brought under control by 11.55am.
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 7 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 8 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 9 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service has said the cause of the fire has not yet been confirmed.