Halesworth: Ed Sheeran’s mum hosts jewellery party in aid of library
- Credit: Archant
Global pop sensation Ed Sheeran’s mother Imogen will be selling her handmade jewellery at Halesworth Library next week.
Members of the public have been invited to one of two jewellery parties on December 2 from 3pm to 5pm or 6pm to 8pm – with 30% of proceeds going to the library.
Mrs Sheeran’s jewellery has been worn by Ed, as well as the Duchess of Cambridge, and TV presenter Jameela Jamil.
James Powell, spokesman for Suffolk Libraries, said Mrs Sheeran, who lives in Framlingham, is a keen supporter of Halesworth Library and her jewellery is regularly on sale there, helping to raise money for the library. Prices start from £3.
He said: “We are very grateful to Imogen for her support for Halesworth Library and are thrilled to be able to display and sell her jewellery.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Sheeran says her jewellery designs are divided loosely into themes.
She said: “My motto for the jewellery is ‘hand-made with love’.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
“Everything I make is a one-off – so no-one else will have one of them.
“There is a whole range inspired by Ed’s favourite childhood sweets and treats, especially Liquorice Allsorts; another range inspired by his lyrics, including the Wake Me Up heart and snowflake necklaces.”
The range aims to reflect Ed’s “happy, outgoing character and love of colour and fun” while the quirky sweet designs are balanced by more thoughtful jewellery inspired by heartfelt, personal and often poignant lyrics which hold special meaning for many fans.
Other designs include an A Team angel wings necklace and Give Me Love pendant, and a large assortment of paw print jewellery.
Some of her necklaces, bracelets and earrings are made using recycled materials, including beads handcrafted by women’s co-operatives in East Africa, and she goes to great lengths to find unusual materials.
Samples of the jewellery can be seen at www.edsheeranjewellery.com