Halesworth: Famous names added to theatre festival bill
- Credit: Archant
AN impressive selection of plays and productions complete the line-up for this year’s HighTide festival in Halesworth.
Acclaimed playwright Stephen Poliakoff will be In Conversation with presenter Rick Edwards, while best-selling author Kate Mosse talks to Michael Frayn about his work, including hit stage farce Noises Off.
An Audience with Louis de Bernières will include music, stories, and a sneak preview of poetry by the Captain Corelli’s Mandolin author.
Artistic director Steven Atkinson called it one of the strongest line-ups in the festival’s seven year history.
Plays include Neighbours, a comedy about racial identity; the award-winning Pastoral by Thomas Eccleshare; comic love story Smallholding; and Bottleneck, staged as a reading at HighTide 2012.
You may also want to watch:
For more on the festival, which takes place between May 2 and 12, visit hightide.org.uk.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 5 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 8 Town looking into Portman Road safe standing area ahead of new season
- 9 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons