Halesworth festival hailed a success
A THREE-day music festival held at Halesworth last summer raised £2,812 for local good causes.The Gig in the Park event was held in the Town Park from Friday, August 8 to Sunday, August 10 on some of the warmest days of the year and attracted record crowds.
A THREE-day music festival held at Halesworth last summer raised £2,812 for local good causes.
The Gig in the Park event was held in the Town Park from Friday, August 8 to Sunday, August 10 on some of the warmest days of the year and attracted record crowds.
The event had struggled to break even in previous years but the 2003 festival was a huge success backed by the Halesworth and Blyth Valley Partnership, Halesworth Town Council and the East Anglian Daily Times.
The highlight of the weekend was on the Saturday when more than 1,300 people were in the park to see the acts including top-of-the-bill Dr Feelgood.
You may also want to watch:
"The 2003 event was highly successful with over 3,600 people passing through the gates over the three days and despite the considerable cost of staging the event a profit of £2,812 was made which will be distributed to community based causes in Halesworth," said Andy Graham, of the Gig in the Park organising committee.
The costs involved in erecting and dismantling the large stage and other safety work needed in the park were kept down because many volunteers gave their services for free.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
The organising committee is hoping for another successful weekend when the 2004 event is held from Friday, August 6, to Sunday, August 8.
Committee members are still finalising the acts to appear at the event and will be releasing more details shortly.
Anyone wanting more information about the 2004 Gig in the Park can contact email@example.com or visit www.giginthepark.co.uk