Halesworth: Record label auctions sofa that were once used by Bob Marley, Bono and Grace Jones
- Credit: Archant
Music fans are being offered the opportunity to share a seat with the likes of Bob Marley, Bono from U2 and Grace Jones.
Metherells Auctioneers, of Halesworth, are selling five sofas once owned by Island Records and used in their office cinema between 1990 and 1997.
Auctioneer David Metherell said that the sofas had been part of a “bohemian set-up”.
The certificate of authenticity states: “During their time of service they were sat on by musicians Grace Jones, Bono and The Edge of U2, Bob and Rita Marley and Brian Eno.”
They were also slept on by Jazzie B of Soul II Soul.
You may also want to watch:
The lot goes on auction tomorrow at 10.30am and are estimated to fetch between £70 and £100.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex