Check out the creative figures on show at Halesworth’s Scarecrow Week
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of strange and spooky figures are lining the streets of one Suffolk town as Halesworth’s tenth annual Scarecrow Week gets underway.
Karen Prime, Scarecrow Week organiser, said she was thrilled to see businesses throughout the town showcase their creations after the event began on Saturday.
Mrs Prime said: "I was over the moon when I saw all the scarecrows go up - the turnout has been brilliant. The town has been buzzing."
Halesworth's Scarecrow Week sees businesses in the town centre and beyond create and display a lifesize figure outside their property.
The figure does not have to be a scarecrow, with creative liberties permitted - including Mrs Prime's Hansel and Gretel-inspired effort, and Minions from Despicable Me.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Prime said: "The kids loved it when the scarecrows went up."
The Scarecrow Week, which runs until Saturday, 26th October, aims to raise money for the town's Christmas lights switch on next month.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 9 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash