Halesworth: Town hoping for gold from Bloom judges
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The sun was shining and the rain stayed away as Anglia in Bloom judges visited Halesworth.
The town entered the competition for the first time last year and won a silver gilt award, and leaders of the project in Halesworth are hoping to go one better with a gold in 2014.
Tamsyn Imison, co-ordinator behind the town’s bid, said: “Everyone has worked so hard but it has definitely been worth it.
“The town is looking wonderful and so many businesses and residents have added to the project with some great looking floral displays.”
Annette Dunning, chair of Halesworth Town Council, was also impressed by the involvement of the local community.
You may also want to watch:
“It is obvious that everyone takes great pride in Halesworth and the whole community has worked together to put on such a fine display,” she said.
The judges were given a tour in a vintage car last week.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash