Suffolk and Norfolk fire crews called to barn fire
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews from Suffolk and Norfolk have been called to a barn fire in a Suffolk village.
Crews from Harleston, Diss, Eye and Stowmarket were called to a farm in The Broadway, Wickham Skeith just after 11am on Bank Holiday Monday.
They arrived to find a barn, measuring 4m x 15m, on fire.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said the crews had extinguished the blaze within a "matter of moments" but remained on the scene dampening down. A "stop" was called on the incident at around 12.30pm.
No casualties were reported in the incident and it is not clear what caused the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
The fire service spokesman added that a fire crew would attend the scene of the fire at 6.30pm on Monday evening to inspect the damage and extinguish any further hotspots.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 5 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 8 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 9 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 10 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina