Halstead: Five people hurt in crash involving three cars
- Credit: Archant
Five people were injured, two seriously, after a serious crash in Halstead.
The three vehicle collision in Sudbury Road was reported at 2.40pm to the fire service.
Crews used three sets of cutting equipment to release the casualties around an hour later.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We treated five casualties, a man was flown to Addenbrooke’s with neck and abdominal injuries that were deemed potentially serious.
“Four ambulances, two paramedic officers, a rapid response car and the Essex Air Ambulance attended.
You may also want to watch:
“Four others were taken to Colchester General, three with minor injuries but one an elderly lady who suffered serious chest injuries, not thought to be life threatening.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 8 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks