Halstead IT worker admits sex offences
- Credit: ARCHANT
An Essex IT worker who downloaded child porn will be sentenced next month.
Before Ipswich Crown Court today for a plea hearing was Graham Walmsley, 48, of Ridgewell Road, Halstead, who pleaded guilty to two offences of making indecent images of children on or before March 30 2016.
The court heard that Walmsley had initially pleaded not guilty to the offences and his trial was due to have started next week.
Matthew Sorel-Cameron, prosecuting, said that on a scale of A to C, with level A being the most serious category, the images found in Walmsley’s possession were in categories B and C.
Judge Emma Peters agreed to adjourn the case until next month for a pre-sentence report.
You may also want to watch:
Marc Brown for Walmsley said his client had initially denied the offences. “It has taken him time to come out in a guilty plea,” said Mr Brown.
He said his client worked in IT and some of the images on his computer had been there for some time.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 7 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket