Halstead: Police and fire service launch investigation into blaze outside home
- Credit: Archant
Smoke filled a home in Halstead after a blaze broke out outside a terraced property in the town.
Firefighters were alerted to the scene in Mitchell Avenue shortly after midnight.
Crews from Halstead, Sible Hedingham and Braintree used breathing equipment to help them tackle the flames.
A spokesman for Essex Fire and Rescue Service said the teams discovered a small fire on the outside of the house which had filled half the property with smoke.
Within half-an-hour crews reported everyone inside the property had been accounted for and the blaze was tackled be 1am.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “A joint police and fire service investigation will be carried out the establish the cause of the incident.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 10 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting