Handbag of woman in her 90s stolen in Lowestoft
A woman in her 90s has had her handbag stolen from her car while it was parked at the Village Rise shops in Lowestoft on Saturday.
The woman had visited the Village Rise shops in Weston Road and was sitting in her car in the car park writing in a card she had bought around 10.45am on Saturday when a man, described as white, aged in his late teens to mid 20s and of medium build, opened the passenger side door of her vehicle.
He spoke to her briefly before picking up her handbag, that was on the seat, and running off.
The brown leather handbag contained a brown purse, a small amount of cash and cards.
The man had been seen loitering in the area shortly before the incident and was wearing a white t-shirt/polo shirt–type top and dark trousers with both dark and light coloured items of clothing over his shoulder.
You may also want to watch:
Police are asking anyone who may have seen the theft or anyone who may have information about the offender to contact Pc Winston Freeman at Lowestoft by dialling Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime number LO/15/4378.
Alternatively people can call Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m