Haverhill family discover home being burgled in early hours of the morning
- Credit: Archant
A handbag containing cash and keys to two vehicles was stolen from a Suffolk home during an early morning raid.
Police were called to an address in Vange Place, Haverhill around 3.45am yesterday to reports of a burglary.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “The occupants had been disturbed by offender/s in the house and called out.”
The culprit, or culprits, ran away through the back door, having stolen a black leather handbag containing hairbrush and perfume, a wallet containing bank cards and cash, a black iPhone 7, keys to two vehicles and some prescription medication.
No description of those responsible has been revealed.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses to the burglary, or anyone who saw anything suspicious in the area at the time of the crime, to come forward.
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101, reference 26336/18. Alternatively, contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema