Handford House care home hosts glamorous cinema event in Ipswich to mark new movie screen
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich care home rolled out the red carpet as it unveiled a new cinema screen for residents.
To celebrate the new addition, residents and staff at the Handford House care home held a special premiere night with music and champagne.
The screen was funded by Peter Dean in memory of his late wife Shirley who was a resident at the home before she died last September.
Mr Dean attended the special evening to unveil the screen and a special plaque dedicated to Shirley.
Mike Parris, home manager said: “Our residents had told us that they really enjoyed watching films, so we wanted to provide them with some lovely facilities to do this.
You may also want to watch:
“Mr Dean very generously provided us with a donation towards this, in recognition of the care we provided to Shirley and we are extremely grateful.
“Our red carpet premiere night was a great way for us to open this wonderful addition to our activities room.”
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 5 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 6 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will