Girl harassed by masked man shouting abuse at her
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Police are investigating reports of a man – wearing a balaclava and holding binoculars – shouting abuse at a girl as she walked with her mother in Witham.
According to the victim’s mother, the suspect approached her daughter three times near Maltings Lane between Friday, April 20 and Friday, May 5 and shouted at her.
Officers described the man as being in his early 20s, wearing a hoody, gloves and balaclava.
He is also believed to have had binoculars and a backpack with him.
Investigating officer Pc Jack Mabbett, from Essex Police, said: “We are unclear about the motivation for this abuse, which have left the girl feeling harassed and very distressed.
You may also want to watch:
“We don’t believe there is a sexual motive and we are investigating whether the man may be suffering with mental health issues.
“We’d like to locate the man and we would urge anyone with information is asked to contact Braintree police station on 101.”
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
Callers should quote incident reference number 42/61585/18.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.