'He will be missed by so many' - Tribute to Harry, 21, after fatal stabbing
- Credit: Supplied by the family
A 21-year-old man who died after being stabbed in Clacton has been named as Harry Burkett.
Described as a "loving young man", Mr Burkett was stabbed in Rosemary Road at the weekend, and died later in hospital.
Mr Burkett's uncle, Pete Draper, said he was a loving young man who will be missed by so many.
"He was very funny and totally loved life and it is just such a shock that this has happened to him and his life as been taken in the way that it has.
"I still can't accept it to be totally honest.
"Words can't even explain how much he will be missed by his family and friends."
Mr Draper has struggled to come to terms with the passing of his nephew. "I really thought someone was having me on if I am honest," he said.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 5 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 6 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 7 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 8 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
"It wasn't until I visited the scene that it really hit home."
Mr Burkett, who was from the Grays area, was believed to be on a night out in the town with his friend.
"This is the sad part about it he was from the Grays area and he just went there to meet up with some friends for a night out," his uncle said.
Mr Burkett lost his mum when he was 10 years old and Mr Draper said: "He loved and missed her very much."
A fundraiser has been set up to raise money for Mr Burkett's funeral by his cousin Kane Livett.
Mr Livett said: "My cousin was only 21 years old when he was out one night enjoying himself clubbing when his life was taken in the worst possible way.
"We want to raise some money to give him the best send off so he can go spread his wings with his mummy."
Police were called to the scene shortly after midnight on Sunday, September 12, to reports a man had been injured.
On arrival officers found the 21-year-old man had suffered a stab wound.
Mr Burkett was treated at the scene by paramedics but died at hospital.
Essex Police have since arrested six teenage boys from Clacton on suspicion of murder - an 18-year-old, two 19-year-olds and three 15-years-old.
A 17-year-old girl from Clacton has also been arrested on suspicion of murder.
A 20-year-old woman also from Clacton was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.