Six-bedroom Suffolk house to appear on Grand Designs
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
An innovative and eco-friendly house built by Suffolk-based builders is set to appear on Channel 4’s Grand Designs.
The six-bedroom lakeside house in a village near Bury St Edmunds, will be showcased on the popular nationwide property show next month.
Built by Long Melford-based Mbloc, the eight-month large-scale project began in October 2018.
Split between three buildings, the one-story house is joined together with enclosed glass walkways, given views across the landscape.
It features lakeside views to add to its already impressive character, having also been built around a large oak tree in the centre of its large open courtyard.
You may also want to watch:
Further details on the property remain unknown, with developers keen to remain tight-lipped before Suffolk's talent is showcased to the nation on October 2 at 9pm.
Ususally, the company focus on building energy efficient two or three bed timber-panelled homes that utilise sustainable materials. They boast being able to build two bed single storey homes in just eight weeks.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season