Harvey’s appeal spreads across region
AN animal rescue centre has been inundated with donations after launching an appeal to help a poorly puppy.
Hundreds of Suffolk residents have pledged their support for playful chocolate Labrador Harvey, who suffers from a severe form of hip dysplasia – meaning that his hind legs are lacking in muscle.
To improve Harvey’s condition, he now desperately requires two hip operations which are expected to cost about �1,500 per hip.
Harvey, who is just eight months old, was brought into the RSPCA Suffolk East and Ipswich Branch, in Martlesham Heath, near Ipswich, at the beginning of June after his owners became unable to cope with his mischievous nature.
Kieron Adams, branch manager, told the EADT that more than �1,000 had already been raised for loveable pooch Harvey.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “The support for Harvey really is flooding in and it so great to see.
“We are nearly there for getting one of his hips operated on – which is fantastic.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
“He is such a friendly and adorable young dog – he just wants to be everyone’s friend.”
The search for a foster family for the friendly pup is ongoing.
The fostering family would have to offer a quiet environment with no other animals.
To donate money or to apply to be his foster family contact the branch on 01473 623280.