Harwich: Dead body discovered on beach
- Credit: Archant © 2009
The body of a man was found washed up on Harwich beach this morning.
Coastguard officers recovered the body shortly before 10.30am.
Essex Police is currently attempting to identify the dead man.
“The death is not being treated as suspicious,” said a police spokesman.
Two illegal immigrants were reported to have jumped from a ferry shortly after it departed Harwich port on February 26.
You may also want to watch:
The body of a man that washed up on Felixstowe beach on March 20 was later identified as Leonovid Isufaj, a 27-year-old Albanian national.
The second man who jumped has not been found.
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 7 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies