Witness appeal after ‘targeted’ aggravated burglary in Harwich
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Armed burglars who raided a home in Essex and threatened the occupants are being hunted by police.
Three men forced their way into the property in Laurel Avenue, Harwich shortly after 9pm on Saturday, March 17.
Essex Police has described the incident as an “aggravated burglary”, which means a weapon was involved.
Officers believe the attack was targeted.
One suspect was described as 5ft tall and was wearing a red jacket, black trousers and a black scarf.
The second was described as wearing a black balaclava, a dark jacket over a black hooded top, dark trousers and white and red trainers.
The third was described as being around 5ft 8ins tall, stocky and was wearing a black balaclava with all dark clothing.
- 1 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 2 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 8 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Sunday sermon required at Portman Road... why Crewe game is 'must win' for Town
All three men, who were described as white and believed to be in their late 30s, left the house having stolen a mobile phone, an item of jewellery and a bag.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “No-one was seriously injured during the incident and we believed this burglary was targeted.”
Witnesses or anyone who saw any suspicious behaviour in the area at the time are ask to contact Detective Sergeant Tim Coyles on 101, quoting incident 1014 of March 17.
Alternatively, contact the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information.