Harwich: Police issue reminder about locking doors and windows after burglary last night
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
Detectives are appealing for information following a burglary in Harwich - while also reminding people about the importance of securing their home while out.
The break-in happened when thieves entered an open window of a house on Fernlea Road between 3-4:30pm on Saturday, and stole a purse and a DVD box set.
Investigating Officer, Dc Linda Whiting, said: “Following our house-to-house enquiries, we’re keen to identify two young men who were seen in the area on Saturday tea-time.
“We’re hoping that, with the good descriptions, either they will come forward so that we can potentially eliminate them from our enquiries or someone will know who they are and contact us with their names.”
One of the men walks with a limp, has mousey hair and was dressed in blue and grey while the other man was dressed in red and walked into the alley leading to the rear of the property. Both men were then seen to walk off in separate directions.
You may also want to watch:
Dc Whiting added: “It really is important for people to close and lock their windows and doors whether they are inside or outside and regardless of whether they are just nipping out for a few minutes.”
Anyone with information is urged to contact detectives at Clacton police station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 10 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed