Man arrested following death of pedestrian
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian has died following a collision with a car in Harwich Road, Lawford, early this morning.
Essex Police were called shortly after 2.20am today to the incident but the victim, who is described as a male, died at the scene.
A 20-year-old man from the Clacton area was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and is currently in custody where he is being questioned.
The road is closed just outside Lawford and will be shut for most of the day while officers carry out forensic examinations. Drivers are being asked to avoid the area.
As part of the investigation into the collision officers attended the The Skinners Arms pub just after 8am today with a police car parked outside the building in Station Road.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses and anyone with CCTV or dash cam footage are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 01245 240590 or email CollisionAppeal@essex.pnn.police.uk
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina