Has former Bluecoat got the X factor?

A FORMER Suffolk holiday camp entertainer is following his dream of becoming a top singer by taking part in ITV's The X Factor.

Mark Lord

A FORMER Suffolk holiday camp entertainer is following his dream of becoming a top singer by taking part in ITV's The X Factor.

Talent show hopeful Scott Bruton has resigned as a Pontin's Bluecoat at the camp in Pakefield, near Lowestoft, to concentrate his efforts on winning the show.

The 19-year-old, who comes from Manchester, quit his job as a holiday camp performer in order to take part in the boot camp stages and training parts of the show.


You may also want to watch:


On Saturday millions of viewers saw him voted through boot camp and into the Judges' Houses stage, which will be screened next weekend.

Speaking last week, Scott said: “I had to quit my job. It was Pontin's or The X Factor and I had to look at what, hopefully, was best for me in the long run. I have put a lot at risk.”

Most Read

A spokesman for Pontin's said: “It has been reported in the national press that there was some bad feeling between Scott and Pontin's when he left to concentrate on The X Factor, this is most definitely not the case.

“It was Scott's decision to leave and focus all his attention on The X Factor. His manager at Pakefield said he would be more than welcome to come back at anytime.

“This is a great opportunity for him and we wish Scott all the best for the show, but The X Factor takes up quite a lot of time with the training, etc and Scott wanted to concentrate on this.

“He is a nice lad and he was a very popular Bluecoat - above all else, Scott is an excellent singer.

“As former Bluecoat and television star Shane Richie has said on many occasions, working as a Bluecoat is an excellent training ground for anyone wanting to get into showbusiness.

“We really wish Scott every success and hope that he doesn't have to come back to Pakefield as hopefully he will have a new career as a singer.”

Scott, who started singing at the age 11, also heeded the advice of judge Dannii Minogue, who told him he needed to update his image, and as a result the teenager has shaved all of his hair off and invested in a new wardrobe.

He is one of six acts in the 14 to 24-year-old boys' category.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus