Hatton Garden heist arrest made in Essex today
- Credit: PA
Detectives from the Flying Squad have arrested a man in Essex in connection with the Hatton Garden jewellery heist this morning.
A 42-year-old British man was arrested at 9.40am today on suspicion of conspiracy to burgle.
The Metropolitan Police will not reveal a more specific location for “operational reasons”.
The man has been taken to a London police station for questioning.
Eight men have been charged in connection with the heist, and are due to appear before magistrates in the capital today.
You may also want to watch:
The raid, over the Easter weekend, saw 56 safety deposit boxes stolen from the Hatton Garden Safe Deposit Ltd vault with jewellery believed to be worth £200million stolen from the heart of London’s jewellery district.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 5 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 6 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 7 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 8 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure