Haughley: Chimney blaze is extinguished

Firefighters have doused a chimney fire.

Firefighters have doused a chimney fire. - Credit: Archant

FIREFIGHTERS have extinguished a chimney fire in Haughley.

One crew from Stowmarket was mobilised to the scene, on Haughley Green, at 10.25am on Saturday.

When firefighters arrived, a woodburner was removed from the living room of the property and chimney rods and hose reels were used to put out the fire.

The blaze was under control by 11.22am


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus