Haughley: Firefighters tackle kitchen blaze
FIREFIGHTERS have battled a blaze which broke out in the kitchen of a home in Haughley today.
The fire was reported at about 1pm and two crews from Stowmarket and Elmswell were alerted.
They discovered the fire in the kitchen of the detached bungalow in Green Road.
A spokesman for the brigade said the fire started in a chip pan.
The room was heavily smoke logged and firefighters tackled the flames, checking for areas where the fire may have spread.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was tackled by 1.55pm and crews stayed behind cutting away joists and the ceiling as well as damping down the property.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 8 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1