Have you been keeping up with the news in Suffolk?
How well have you been keeping up with the news of East Anglia this week? Find out with our Suffolk news round-up quiz.
This week in Suffolk a rare Rolex watch was sold for a record of £230,000.
The watch was sold at a Martlesham auction and smashed an all-time British record.
The Rolex Oyster Perpetual Submariner Wristwatch was purchased by its owner back in 1965.
The auction took place at Lockdales Auctioneers – some bidders had flown over from Italy, America and Holland to try to buy the watch.
You may also want to watch:
The buyer of the watch was an Italian who had flown over, the successful bidder said one of the reasons why the watch is so valuable is because the dial is in such a good condition.
As the sale of a Rolex watch in Suffolk smashes British records, we have listed six things readers could do with £230,000.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
• Buy a castle in Aberdeenshire – for £100,000 less than the Rolex, Knockhall Castle in Newburgh could be yours.
• Purchase your own private Caribbean island – the Deadman Caye, off the coast of Belize, is on the market for $299,000. This is equivalent to £220,574
• Put a bid on the first ever Subaru Impreza tested by rally legend Colin McRae, which sold for £230,000 at an auction in June this year.
• Loan Paris Saint-Germain player Dani Alves – the full back was offered £230,000 a week contract by the French football club.
• Put an offer on a three-bedroom house in Dorset – one in Weymouth is on the market for £225,000.
• Buy 205 rooms worth of IKEA furniture (based on a £1,117 room).