Have you booked a Suffolk restaurant for Mother’s Day?
- Credit: Archant
This Sunday is Mother’s Day and here we share some of the best places to take mum for a treat.
There is still time to book up and whether you are looking for a traditional roast, a cafe with a twist or something a little different, we have the perfect venue for you.
Thorpeness Golf Club and Hotel - After a row on the nearby boating lake, or a jaunt along the pebbly beach, take mum for a traditional roast lunch or afternoon tea overlooking the third tee and rolling greens of this hotel’s golf course.
On Mother’s Day mum eats either menu half price. The roast lunch includes Deben mussels with bacon, cider and cream, roasted striploin of Suffolk beef with trimmings, and blood orange and cardamom brulee with fennel seed shortbread. Three courses are £17.95.
See more hereThe Swan, Lavenham - Mum’s in for a real treat at this two AA rosette restaurant, with a free Temple Spa gift set for her when you dine on Mother’s Day.
Head chef Justin’s specially designed menu includes Suffolk asparagus tart, sirloin of beef, pork or leg of lamb with seasonal vegetables, and desserts such as lemon curd parfait and dark chocolate tart.
The menu is £35 per person.
To book, see hereLa Hogue, Newmarket - This place is so much more than a farm shop. The refurbished café has been beautifully designed and offers fabulous views down over to the Newmarket Gallops. There’s a landscaped lawn and patio area for dining if it happens to be sunny.
And children can be kept occupied in the large outdoor play space.
- 1 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 2 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 3 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 4 Man identified after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 5 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
- 6 Andy Warren: Why keeping Sam Morsy is vital for Ipswich Town
- 7 Girl, 12, injured after having foot run over by driver
- 8 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 9 Julia Bradbury's feature on 'beautiful' Sudbury airs on This Morning today
- 10 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
Sundays get very busy here and Mother’s Day should be no exception so booking is highly advised. A roast lunch will be served from 12noon to 2pm. Don’t forget to try the homemade cake too.
See the menu hereWhere do you recommend for Mother’s Day? Share your suggestions below.